Achilles Tendonitis is a common injury caused by activity such as running, walking or jumping. Achilles Tendonitis causes pain and inflammation to the tendon which joins your calf muscle to your heel.
Stretch for Achilles Tendonitis
- Stand with your foot raised onto a small table, chair, or bench.
- Keep your leg slightly bent.
- Drop your heel off the edge of the object.
- Keep your back straight & move your chest forward towards your thigh.
Maga Therapy Top Tips When Stretching.
- The best way to achieve the fullest potential of the stretch for your muscles is to start to listen to and ‘feel’ the stretch in your back, some areas might be tighter than others.
- If you can feel an area of tightness repeat the appropriate exercise from the above list, going into the stretch slowly and ‘feel’ it release. Breathe deeply & don’t hold your breath.
- Pinpointing the area and focusing your mind on it will greatly help achieving a deep and relaxing stretch
- Always check with your GP prior to stretching.